Spring is such a vibrant and incredible season of the year. With that in mind, for our Spring 2014 Single Origin Seasonal Coffee Menu we took on the task of selecting a line of rich and exceptional coffees. See below for descriptions of these current Spring Seasonal Coffees.
We also want to announce that we are regularly bagging ‘The Golden Tree 10th Anniversary Blend, Mokha Java’ held over from last season, in-stores. ‘The Golden Tree 10th Anniversary Blend, Mokha Java’ was a big hit so we’re keeping it around. Try it while it lasts! As with all of these coffees, they are limited offerings.
Single Origin Spring Offerings:
Panama SHB EP, La Gloria Estate:
- Location of origin: Western part of the country, close to Costa Rican border, in the Boquete region. Horqueta subregion of Panama
- Volcanic soil
- Grade: SHB EP (Strictly Hard Bean, European Process. In short: hand sorted meticulously)
- Elevation: Between 4460 – 6560 ft
- Process: Wet processed, washed and dried by the sun at Beneficia Don Pedro. Further processed in the Cochea Region in Dolega District where it undergoes final drying process on drying machines
- Taste Notes: Earthy, smooth body. Round mouthfeel, balanced finish and low acidity. Almond cream/ Buttery.
Sumatra, GI – Tano Batak, Hutasoit Microlot:
- Region: Lintong and Dolok Sanggul areas, at the South East end of famous Lake Toba. Coffees from Lintong region are known to be some of the most uniquely characteristic coffees in the world.
- Elevation: 4600+ ft
- Produced by the Klasik Beans Cooperative. Committed to social and environmental sustainability, the farmers here at Klasik are rewarded well for this quality. All co-op employees receive full benefits. Well established farmer relationships.
- Process: Wet-hulled. Operating in a highly selective washing station where sorting is meticulous to only the ripe cherries.
- Taste Profile: Sweet, medium body, delicate acidity. Clean with round mouthfeel, balanced finish. Melon/ Herbal/ Earthy.
- Region: Chiapas
- Certifications: Fair Trade Organic
- Elevation: 4000 – 5000 ft.
- Processed: High grown, washed.
- Taste Profile: Rich and heavy body. Mellow acidity. Brown sugar/ Syrup/ Ripe berry
The Golden Tree 10th Anniversary Blend, Mokha Java:
- Region: Ethiopian Harrar and Sumatra Mandheling
- Both origins in this limited blend are of highest quality specialty grade for the two regions represented. This Anniversary blend reflects Oslo’s aim to be approachable and enjoyable across many different palettes.
- Taste Profile: Rich and smooth, with even balance. Medium body, sweet and low acidity. Apricot/ Chocolate/ Praline.